Monday, May 21, 2012

NEWS FLASH: I'm an "UNDIE!!!!!"

I received great news this morning!  I'm an "UNDIE!!"  Yahoo!
My test results showed that the virus was undetectable, hence the endearing name, "undie."

What does this mean in terms of treatment duration?  Nothing.
My treatment duration remains the same at 48 weeks. I have 40 more to go.

Being an undie at 8 weeks is exciting though!  You see, the sooner I'm an undie, and the longer I remain an undie on treatment, the greater the chance the virus will not return post treatment.

Every 4 weeks I'll be checked for "undie" status.  Every 4 weeks I hope to remain an "undie."  If the virus returns on-treatment, that could spell trouble.  We don't expect that to be the case.

To hear how I've been doing, read the previous post.

Thanks for the gift of your time, allowing me to share my journey with you is a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment